GreenLiving101.com seeks content from a variety of writers so that our readers receive a wide range of perspectives on a variety of green topics. We also encourage submissions from nonprofit organizations about their work.
Many of our most popular articles have come from individuals like you who share their knowledge and expertise with us. We welcome the opportunity to have you contribute original material or reprints/reposts in the form of articles, book reviews, infographics, videos, etc.
What’s the difference for us between a Blogger and a Guest Author? The answer is the amount of involvement.
A Guest Author is an individual that is interested is submitting just one guest post, or perhaps a few. We welcome these articles and encourage you to submit a query letter after reviewing our website to see the types of articles we post. (Please read the submission guidelines below.)
A Blogger is a person who wants to submit regularly (at least twice a month) and establish a more formal arrangement. Posting your content at GreenLiving101.com allows you to reach additional green readers. We add your name to our Blogroll, provide you a landing page to describe yourself and aggregate your posts, and include your content in our daily eZine. You can submit original articles or repost your blogs, with links back to your site to drive traffic to you.
NOTE: We do not pay for content, which unfortunately is also the policy of many leading websites, such as Huffington Post. We do provide full attribution to all contributors, including their bios and links to their sites. Our authors and bloggers gain with increased exposure, and we work to have articles reposted on our cross-post sites. We encourage authors to “toot their horn” by posting their article’s link on their websites, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media.
WRITING GUIDELINES FOR GUEST AUTHORS
Living Green Magazine helps readers live sustainably and make conscious consumer choices that promote green living in their daily lives. Our articles cover a variety of green topics and approaches to solving sustainability problems—within the home and around the world. There are no monthly editorial themes, but we do have seasonal articles. We’re especially interested in stories about local eco-heroes and environmental/sustainability projects by non-profit groups.
Types of articles we are looking for: How-to-guides, green tips, vegetarian and vegan recipes, recycling, simple living, results of new research, interesting stories about eco-heroes or organizations, innovative approaches to environmental problems, etc. Articles should be focused and well written, and in the range of 800 to 1500 words.
Please don’t submit articles that are very technical, do not cover green topics, or only apply to a specific town, state, or country.
Before submitting an article:
- Become familiar with our website and the types of articles we publish, especially for the topic(s) you want to write about.
- Read the Terms and Conditions for this website.
- Contact us by email with a synopsis of the article you want to submit, and explain why you think it would be appropriate for our readers. Please put the words “Guest Post” in the subject line to ensure a faster response.
All content should be submitted by the original author or their representative.
- Original articles are preferred, but reposts are acceptable if the author retains the copyright, or has received written permission from the publisher to repost the article.
- We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any article; that is the author’s responsibility. We are not liable or responsible for any damages incurred as a result of any information in any article.
- Send your article by email as an attached Word document. Only bold the title and any subheadings within the article.
- If you have links, include the URL in brackets.
- We will provide the featured image for the article. If you have images to include within the article, attach them as jpeg files to your email.
- Provide a catchy title, and a 1-2 sentence synopsis of your article right after the title.
- Include a short bio with contact information (if desired) and links to your site (if applicable).
- You are responsible for ensuring that the submission does not violate any legal rights of other, such as copyrights or other proprietary rights of another person or entity.
- You retain the right to resubmit your content to other sites.
Editing and Other Important Information
- We reserve the right to edit your article, although we will probably reject an article that requires extensive editing.
- We reserve the right to reject an article for any reason.
- We strive to notify authors the day their article has been posted, but we are sometimes tardy. If you subscribe to the free eZine, you may find out before we get to notify you.
- All articles are open to comments from readers, which are reviewed before posting. You have the option of responding to comments.
- The opinions and statements presented on this site, including articles and comments made by users, are not necessarily those of this site.
- Your content, if published by us, may be used in our marketing or promotional campaigns, and may be reposted on other sites, without notice by us.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the website content at any time without notice, including edits and the removal of content or comments.